Philip George was hired by the Sheriff’s Office March 1986, and attended the Butte Basic Academy in Chico, after graduation he was assigned to the Custody Division. In January of 1991, Philip was transferred to the Field Forces assigned to South Stockton. In July of 1993, He was transferred to Lathrop Police Services where he was the Detective until 2005. Philip was transferred back to County Patrol and assigned to the Street Crimes Unit.
Philip was promoted to Sergeant in 2007 and began supervising the Street Crimes Unit. In 2009 he was assigned as the Sergeant for the Community Car program, Mountain House Policing and Airport Security.
- 2012 Philip was promoted to Lieutenant and managed S.W.A.T., EOD, HNT, Canine, Gang Task Force, AB109 Task Force & Community Car Program.
- 2016 Philip was promoted to Captain and was assigned to Field Forces.
- 2017 Philip was promoted to Assistant Sheriff assigned to Support Services.
- 2019 Philip retired from the Sheriff’s Office.
- 2020 Philip went back to work at the Sheriff’s Office part-time working Backgrounds.
During his 33 year career he has been awarded numerous letters of Commendations.
- In 1994 he was a member of the San Joaquin County SWAT Team that won the “Grass Valley SWAT Championships”.
- In1998 he won the “Top Gun Award” at the California Police Olympics SWAT Championships”
- Philip was selected as the Stockton’s Italian Athletic Club’s 1993 “Officer of the Year” and in 2004 he was awarded the South County Manteca Rotary “Officer of the Year”.
- In 2005 he was awarded the “SWAT Officer of the Year”.
In 2017 Philip attended and graduated from the F.B.I. National Academy in Quantico Virginia -10 week course (Session 267)
Philip has lived in French Camp since 1972. Philip and his wife Audrey have three sons and two granddaughters.