The French Camp McKinley Fire District and Mountain House Fire Department are Authorized Training Sites of the American Heart Association®. We offer the American Heart Association® Basic Life Support CPR course for FREE to our community members. The course covers:
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants;
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components;
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED);
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device;
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR; and
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants.